Small rooms are difficult to decorate which is why a small bedroom, for example, usually feels more like a cave rather a comfortable refuge. Due to the lack of natural light source, correct colour palette and the use of smart storage, small spaces appear cramped and uncomfortable. Here are a number of tips on how to make small spaces seem bigger and more functional.
1. Make use of lighter colour scheme. Pastels, white, and neutral colour are perfect to make a small space look larger.
2. Use monochromatic colours or shades, tints, and tones of the same hue on the walls, furniture and rugs.
3. If you have a nice view of your lawn or garden from your windows, you can bring outside colours into the room to expand the appearance of the space.
4. Adding more lighting is essential in widening a small room. A recessed spot lighting is not only visually attractive, it is also ideal for opening up a small space. Solar Tubes and skylights are great natural substitutes for adding more light to a room. Let more natural light into a room as much as possible.
5. Utilize armchairs and sofas that are raised on their legs instead of using compact furniture pieces with bases that settle right on the floor.
6. Limit the number of furniture pieces and accessories to avoid a cluttered appearance.
7. Add mirrored closet doors and wall mirrors. Mirrors are typically used to double a room’s visual space.
8. Use the same paint colour of your walls on the ceiling. This will help eliminate the shadows lines that visually define a space. Doing so will make it harder to determine your room’s parameters, making it look bigger.
9. Utilise light colours on your floor and ceiling.
10. Place paintings or other prints on the walls. It is best to use large painting instead of a couple of small paintings.
11. Use a glass table as opposed to solid coffee, dining or end tables. This will give you a more open appearance and free space.
12. Avoid excessive details or decours such as ruffles in windows or furniture. Use draperies with straightforward panels or shades.
13. Make use of small prints or plain coloured cloths and rugs to produce a single and more unified appeal and make the room visually larger.
14. Make use of mulitpurpose furniture such as bookcases, ottomans and window seats with enclosed drawer to hide everyday clutter.
If you are in need of more useful home styling Brisbane suggestions, simply head over to the Castle Hire website at.