All real estate experts agree that if you would like to resell your home, you have to feature your kitchen in good condition as kitchens are the heart of a household. As it is the part of the house that mainly endures wear and tear, it is a practical choice to commit early on kitchen remodeling. Most in demand enhancements are investing on stainless steel appliances and granite/marble counter-tops to enhance the aesthetic appeal to the kitchen, boosting its functionality with dual stoves and sinks, and mixing in details like under-cabinet lighting and installing new knobs, new faucets, etc.
1. Checking what you already have. If it is somewhat current and in fairly good condition, there is the choice of leaving it as is. You can undertake some simple updates like repainting or re-polishing cabinets and setting new knobs to give the kitchen a fresh look. Keep in mind not to waste money and overspend on your project, a safe cost estimate is not going over 10% of your property market price.
2. De-clutter your the kitchen area. The fundamental principle here is to not leave more than 2 items on the kitchen counter-top, but leave only the most useful items like a coffee pot. Then soften the spot with plants and flowers or a tray of fresh fruits.
3. Brush up the kitchen. Since kitchen spaces are one of the most used area in the house, it is also the dirtiest, so suit up and prepare yourself from some big scrubbing up. You may have to switch out run-down floor tiles or do a total revamp of your floors if necessary. Switch out old cabinets with modern-day styles or do economical updates like re-painting, sealing and polishing worn out cabinets. Check carefully for cracks and deal with it. When repainting, be very careful with your color selection and take note of what will appeal to most home buyers. Also check out what is popular or in style in the area when opting for a new look for your cabinets.
4. Mend and upgrade faucets and light fixtures especially if they are broken down and/or way too old and out of style. Modernizing the look of these fixtures will add to a higher resale value.
5. Opt for granite or marble counter-tops since most people want them and often look forward to them in most kitchens.
6. Bring some space. The kitchen is the busiest section and where the action is– for most homeowners at least. While big kitchens are status symbol, you don’t really need to go big; a practical efficient workspace might work just well where the stove, sink and refrigerator are just a number of steps away.
If you are looking for more budget-friendly home styling Brisbane ideas, simply go to the Castle Hire website.