Advantages of Hydromulching Over Dry Seeding
1. Grass will grow remarkably fast in areas seeded with this seeding method. The instance seeds make contact with water, the germination process will be triggered. Some grass start to grow as early as 3 to 5 days after the seeding process.
2. In dry seeding, lawns are covered with straw mulch to protect the area. But this covering is loaded with weed seeds. With the other seeding process, the top shielding layer of freshly seeded ground does not have weed seeds.
3. The mulch in hydromulching enriches the soil as it adds humus to it when it decays, while decomposed straw in dry seeding will dissolve out nitrogen from the soil.
4. The newly seeded area through hydromulching looks way appealing than the one through dry seeding.
Advantages of Hydromulching Over Sod
1. Sod is way more expensive than hydromulching which normally costs about 3 to 5 times more. You can have a turf that looks as nice as with sod within a few weeks and at a lesser cost.
2. Sod can have a serious problem with the type of soil it’s grown on. It may not be exactly compatible with the soil. This problem is referred to as the “not taking.” A sod that “did not take” look like it could be immediately rolled back up even after years that the seeding took place.
3. Since the roots are chopped off, most likely, you will get unhealthy grass with sod. In hydromulching, the seeds are planted in the exact spot which needs seeding so the root systems are undisturbed and unharmed.
4. With sod, a highly skilled and experienced person should be the one to install the sod, otherwise the sod would most likely shrink after the first month when not installed correctly. This is caused by gaps that opened up between sod rows. With the other seeding technique, just enough experience and skills plus some familiarization with the seeding machine will provide you great results.
5. To have a great lawn with the sodding method, high maintenance and care is required, while with hydromulching in Brisbane, little care is enough. Just seed the area, and since the mulch contains water and fertilizer, you do not have to worry about immediate watering and fertilizing. Additionally, since it has a substance that holds the mulch in place (the tackifier), you don’t have to worry about the seeds being washed away by the rain and other natural agents.