Small rooms are not easy to decorate. This is why small bedrooms often appear like a cave instead of a cozy haven. Because of the lack of natural light, the right colour palette and the use of smart storage, small rooms may appear cramped and uncomfortable. Here are some suggestions on how to make small rooms seem bigger and more functional.
1. Use a light colour scheme instead of bright or dark. Use more pastels, white, and neutral shades to make a room look visually larger.
2. Utilize monochromatic colours or shades of a single hue on the furniture pieces, walls and rugs.
3. If you have a nice view of your lawn or garden from your windows, you can bring outside colours inside the room to extend the interior space.
4. Adding more light is vital in visually expanding a space. A recessed spot lighting is not only visually enticing, it is also ideal for opening up a tiny area. Solar Tubes and skylights are good natural alternatives for giving more light to a room. It is best to add more natural light into a room as much as possible.
5. Make use of armchairs and sofas that are raised on their legs instead of using compact furniture pieces with bases that settle right on the floor.
6. Limit the number of furniture pieces and accessories to avoid a cluttered appearance.
7. Make use of mirrored closet doors and wall mirrors. Mirrors are usually used to multiply a room’s visual space.
8. Paint the ceilings of the room with the same hue as your walls. This will help erase the shadows lines which that our eyes use to visually define space. Doing so will make it harder to identify the room’s parameters, making it look bigger.
9. Use light colours on the floor and ceiling.
10. Place paintings and other prints on the walls. You should use a bigger painting instead of a couple of smaller paintings.
11. Use a glass table in place of solid coffee, dining or end tables. This will provide you of a more open appearance and free space.
12. Avoid excessive details or decorations such as ruffles in windows or furniture. Use draperies with straightforward panels or shades.
13. Use small prints or plain coloured fabrics and rugs to create a single and unified appearance and make the room visually larger.
14. Utilise multifunction furniture such as bookcases, ottomans and window seats with enclosed compartment to hide everyday clutter.
If you are in need of more useful home styling Brisbane tips, simply head over to the Castle Hire website at.